Scott Bradley joins Paddle Diva this summer as an Academy of Surfing Instructor Trainer and Head Lifeguard
Everyone knows to protect themselves from the dangers of the sun. Paddle Diva also believes in protecting yourself from the water and has put together programming for adults and kids that ensures a safe, fun, summer in the Hamptons.
Designed and led by Scott Bradley, our four-week Ocean Awareness & Safety course will teach you:
- General beach safety and rip current knowledge (spotting one and how to get out of the current safely);
- Effective swim strokes to help you improve your ocean swimming skills; and
- What to do in emergency situations: when and how you can help a victim or be a helpful part of a beach rescue team.
We spend plenty of time on the beach and in the water, gradually improving your physical stamina and strength so you are well on your way to being a safe and savvy beach goer.
Scott makes sure that these sessions are not only informative but FUN, and will teach you how to play safely in the surf, skillfully body surf and when and how to dive into waves at the shore!
Wet suits are required. Please bring a warm set of clothes, towel and water. Sunscreen and hat are mandatory!
Ocean Awareness & Safety $400/person (both kids and adults)
- Session 1 begins July 11 and runs for four weeks
- Session 2 begins August 8 and runs for four weeks
- Kids ages 9-12 Wednesdays 4:00-5:30
- Kids ages 13+ Tuesdays 4:00-5:30
- Adults Saturdays 10-11:30
- Adults Saturdays 4:00-5:30
Space is limited to 8 per Session so register now!