Surfing enthusiasts all around the country have reasons to rejoice with the advent of standup
paddle boarding. This sport lets them board in lakes and even rivers in the absence of great
waves at a beach. Frequently known as SUP, it is another way to enjoy water bodies near you.
While many embrace the ancient Hawaiian surfing technique as a way to work out, there are
others who try it for fun. Take a look at a few reasons why you should embrace this reemerged
- Recently deemed one of the finest water sports, this offers you a great way to take your
enthusiasm for surfing to a new level. SUP has been greatly appreciated by surfers for it
offers them a wonderful way to hone their fitness.
- Although professionals have lots of options to explored advanced paddle boarding
techniques; beginners can explore it without being too technically sound. The best part
about this sport is that first timers can have a great time trying it without having to
practice to excel at it.
- Offering a fantastic workout, this helps you strengthen your core muscles, which is
important to athletes. Enhancing your upper body strength, it can also help you tone
your thigh and calf muscles.
- Once practiced in Hawaii decades ago, people today have attempted to revive this sport
for the many health advantages it offers. Be it an ocean, rivers or a bay that you are in
close proximity of; SUP suits all forms of water bodies.
- Stand up paddle boarding has also been adopted at the Gurney's Inn in Montauk, NY.
This world-renowned resort certainly opts for the hottest water sports making SUP a
Ideal for people of every age, this is a sport everyone can embrace without worrying about
safety or practicality, as stand up paddle boarding is incredibly safe.