Paddle Diva continues to be a leader in the field of SUP instruction and water safety, offering spring and fall through the Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI). The ASI, an international organization offering accreditation in stand up paddle board training and instruction, is setting and leading the industry standards for SUP instruction. These educational programs and training sessions are geared toward developing high quality and consistent water safety standards
All Paddle Diva instructors and staff are required to be certified by the ASI. The rigorous training programs give us the expertise, knowledge and confidence to provide our clients a safe water experience. These courses are offered at Paddle Diva Headquarters in East Hampton.
Dates and Cost
To enroll click on the links below. You will find more detailed Course Descriptions, Pricing and Registration Information
- June 24th 2022 12pm-5 pm Water Rescue. Cost $120
- June 25th-26th 9am-4pm Level One Instructor Cost $450
- June 27th 9am-4pm Level Two Instructor Exposed Waters Cost $250
- June 24th-June 26th Water Rescue and Level One Cost $570
- June 24th-June 27th Water Rescue, Level 1 & 2 Cost $770
* Discount for taking all three courses Save $50.
** Paddle Diva waives the daily rental fee of $50 a day.
*** If you need accommodations, please check on Air B and B or reach out to us and we will help secure you a place to stay.
Here are just five great reasons to become ASI certified with Paddle Diva:
- The various levels of instruction will cover stroke techniques, water safety, how to perform rescues and manage students in case of an emergency. Overall, the training gives you the essential skills you need to provide your clients with a positive stand up paddleboard experience.
- When you have ASI accreditation, it builds confidence with your clients and a reliable sign of professional accountability.
- ASI offers global career development pathways for instructors. Under one membership fee, you can enhance your career prospects by gaining multiple ASI qualifications in surfing, SUP and bodyboarding.
- ASI offers access to liability insurance, which is important and can be difficult to obtain.
- You get to spend time “behind the scenes” at Paddle Diva and observe the running of SUP instruction school and business.